Tuesday, November 23, 2010

On the ground rules...

Two things I thought I should address before moving forward:

1. Spoilers - Two posts in, I'm already tired of posting "Spoilers" every time I include spoilers. So guess what? I'm not going to. From here on out assume that there might be spoilers for whatever show I'm talking about. Look to see what I'm reviewing before reading it. If you're not caught up, there might be spoilers. Don't worry, though, I'll be sure and limit them to whatever I'm reviewing. You can easily tell by the title image at the beginning of the post.

2. My ratings system - My, somewhat unusual, ratings system is based on whether I'm likely to watch something again. I'm the guy with a billion DVDs because I'll watch stuff I like more than once. Even better, if I like something enough I'll show it to others while I watch it again. So not only do the ratings represent my personal preferences, they also share whether I think you should watch something as well. Generally, since there's so many shows on a given night, I'll do a big review of one show and put my ratings for the rest down at the bottom. Also, I'll put the ratings themselves in bold so they're easy to find.

And so, without further ado, my rating system:
  1. Bad: don't ever want to see this again.
  2. All Right: wouldn't be the end of the world if I saw this again.
  3. Good: would watch it again.
  4. Great: want to watch it again.
  5. Excellent: want to watch it several more times. Top 100 material.
  6. Perfect: everyone should watch this. Extraordinary.
Pretty self-explanatory right? Hopefully that should clear up a few things.

No comments:

Post a Comment