Sunday, December 2, 2012

Into the Future: Starting Over!

Alright, off to bigger and better things! There's a new order of business and I encourage you to ignore most of what's come before.

Today I'm resetting things so we can move on. I'm still calibrating what I'll be doing with this blog but it will definitely be something that involves the reviewing of media. Incidentally, for those of you wondering, the title of this blog is derived from an inside joke from my childhood. It is a parody of the over-dramatic narration in old movie trailers.

First off, I wanted to say that I'll be sure to keep spoilers to a minimum - nothing worse than a movie review, unless I warn you first.

Second, I wanted to go over my rating system. Typically, I think about movies in a context of whether I'd want to see them again. This is useful, however, to people who aren't me in that my willingness to re-watch a film directly correlates to whether I would recommend that same film to anyone else. The ratings are as follows:
  1. Bad: I don't ever want to see it again.
  2. Alright: It wouldn't be the end of the world if I saw it again.
  3. Good: I would definitely watch it again.
  4. Great: I want to watch it again.
  5. Excellent: I want to watch it several more times, preferably soon. Top 100 material.
  6. Perfect: Everyone should watch this. No, seriously, right now. Extraordinary.
Okay, that pretty much takes care of all the administrative work. Now let's go watch some movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment