Sunday, December 2, 2012

Introducing the Chronological World War 2 Movie Extravaganza

So what's up first? My project for December: a Chronological World War 2 Movie Extravaganza! Last summer, I watched about forty slasher movies in a month or so and what do I have to show for it? Nothing, so this time I'll be writing reviews as I go and sharing them with you. So be excited!

So, what's this all about/where did it come from? Well, recently I've been re-watching one of my favorite series, Band of Brothers, with my parents (I'll admit it, for a second I was tempted to say 'parentals' because I live in an 80s television show and I want to impress you, but then I thought better of it). Then, the other day, I came across a /Film article from February heralding The Best WWII Movies You Probably Haven't Seen. Indeed, I hadn't seen any of them. Being a big World War II fan, I didn't need any encouragement and I left the tab open as a reminder to check some of them out.

Alas, at some point over the past few days, a combination of the sheer number of tabs running for later perusal and javascript's tenancy to act upon my computer like sand in a gearbox (see? I'm getting in the mood already) caused my browser (along with the rest of my computer) to crash and I lost all my tabs. Yesterday, I remembered the list and went back in search of it. Instead, I found this Movie Hub: a World War II movie marathon in chronological order, based on the events depicted. Surely this was more interesting, I said. As someone who likes things to have continuity, this is the list for you! In fact, what's today? December first? Why not make it your project for the month of December?

However, as usual, I didn't stop there. I sought out more films, soon happening upon this IMDB list, attempting a similar chronological feat, with many more movies. And so I spent much of yesterday in research, making a grand list, comprised of movies from all three sources. At the moment, there are thirty-seven films on the list. I expect there will be more by the time I'm done. At present, I have seen six of them.

For the most part, at least at the beginning, I'll be focusing on movies that cover a specific time period. This will comprise the chronological segment of this project. I might throw a couple more in afterward, since I'd still like to see them and they fit the general theme, however they cover too much of the war to be included up front.

 Alright, now that that's out of the way, let's watch some movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment